Is the title confusing? I don’t know how else to describe these! Any ideas, let me know! I thought I would try these out after seeing a picture on Pinterest of a piece of apple being rolled up in a crescent roll. It seemed like an easy enough thing to do, so why not try it out? For mine I added a bit of sharp cheddar cheese because I had some left over from my fancy Cheesy Rice recipe and because my dad claims that apple pie is best with cheese. So again, why not?
It’s easy enough. I didn’t really measure things like cinnamon. Just a light dusting I suppose? My dad is Diabetic, so I didn’t add any sugar to these and they were still quite tasty, but I do think they would have been a tad better with extra sweetness, so go ahead an add a dash of sugar too if you want.
I only used a small bit of sharp cheddar cheese because I was unsure of it. The result? Next time I’ll definitely use more!
Then I just put the apple on top and rolled it up!
- 1 container Crescent Rolls
- 1 apple, sliced
- 8 small slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sliced apple pieces with cinnamon and sugar(optional), and set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls, lightly sprinkle with cinnamon (optional). Place one piece of cheddar cheese at the wide end of the roll. Place an apple slice on top, and roll it up.
- Bake rolls at 350 for 11-13, or until lightly golden brown.
- Best if served warm.